“Chess in Education” International Online Conference
FIDE Chess in Education Commission (EDU) and ”Chess” Scientific Research Institute of ASPU (Armenian State Pedagogical University) are organizing an International online conference, entitled “Chess in Education”, which will be held on November 20-21, 2021, via Zoom video conferencing., 16:00-21:00 CET.
You can download the provisional timetable (and list of speakers) here: 2021 1120 Provisional Agenda
Main themes of the conference:
- Formation of prior knowledge for chess.
- Functions of prior knowledge for chess.
- Socio-pedagogical justifications for that prior knowledge.
- The problems of developing a preschooler’s thinking.
- The main manifestations of a preschooler’s development.
CHESS IN SCHOOLS
- School chess models, especially differences between “chess for education” and “education for chess”.
- In-service training of teachers to teach chess.
- Problems with the quality of chess teaching in school.
- Chess in special needs education.
- School chess research results.
- Hybrid and online learning.
CHESS IN UNIVERSITIES
- Issues of the training of chess teachers.
- Models of Chess 101 in Universities around the world.
- Chess as a means of promoting learning by university students.
Working languages of the conference are English and Spanish. All attendees are required to register for the conference online through the Registration page of the Conference website – closing date November 18. – 23:59 CET.
All submissions will be presented on the official website of the conference (direct link later) and as many authors as possible will be invited to present during the conference.
Organizing Committee of the conference:
- Dana Reizniece-Ozola – FIDE Managing Director
Smbat Lputian – Chairman of FIDE EDU Commission
Srbui Gevorgyan – Vice Rector of Armenian State Pedagogical University
Kevin O’Connell – Secretary of FIDE EDU Commission
Vahan Sargsyan – Doctor of Psychology; Head of Research Projects at Chess Scientific Research Institute
Lewis Ncube – FIDE Continental President for Africa
Anna Volkova – FIDE Communications Officer
Luis Blasco – FIDE EDU webmaster
Leontxo Garcia – FIDE EDU Councillor
Uvencio Blanco – FIDE EDU Councillor
Sami Khader – FIDE EDU & Chairman Technical Commission, Arab Chess Federation
Jerry Nash – FIDE EDU
You can participate in one of the following ways:
Paper/Thesis/Powerpoint/Video submission (without oral presentation without attendance)
Paper/Thesis/Powerpoint/Video submission and attendance (attendance just like listener)
Paper/Thesis submission and oral presentation (insofar as time allows)
Round Table discussions will be held at the end of each day.
Deadlines and additional information regarding the submission of papers (presentations) and theses are here.