The Fifth Chess in Education Lecturer course in English. 28-30 October 2022
The International Chess Federation, together with its Chess in Education Commission (EDU) and “Chess” Scientific Research Institute (CSRI), is pleased to announce the 5th Chess in Education Lecturer course. The course will be held 28-30 October, in English, online 15:00-20:00 CET.
The objectives of the course:
- Develop and enhance the skills of effective teaching of chess basics,
- Enhance the ability of using active and interactive teaching methods,
- Improve positive professional communication skills.
Target audience of the course is professionals with experience in chess and education
Duration and content: 3 days – 15 hours (including breaks) + Project.
- Introduction (100 minutes); Fear – both teachers’ fear and your fear of exam!
- Teaching the chessboard. (130 minutes)
- Project assignment (10 minutes)
- Interdisciplinary chess & educational chess (10 minutes)
- Chessmen: values, moves and set up (115 minutes)
- Check. Mate. Stalemate. (115 minutes)
- Presentation of assignments (The projects are not presented. Participants need to send it by email).
- Problem solving skills. Teaching playing skills (120 minutes)
- Effective teaching skills and Course summary (75 minutes)
- Exam (45 minutes)
The cost of training is €75, which covers both access to materials and preparation, and the exam.
Those who successfully pass the course will receive the title of Lead School Instructor (LSI). This is valid for three years, and it implies an administrative fee of €50.
Those who gain this qualification (LSI) will be those, exclusively, who we appoint to the paid lectureships of the FIDE School Instructor seminars.
FIDE Chess in Education Titles are awarded for life and can only be suspended or revoked by a decision of the FIDE Ethics & Disciplinary Commission or FIDE Council, while an EDU Licence is a certification by FIDE and EDU of current proficiency to teach at the indicated level of the awarded FIDE EDU title.
Chess in Education Titles when awarded include a three (3) year licence.
Renewal of the licence requires the completion of a renewal course. During the final six months of the validity of the licence, a title-holder may renew the licence for a further three year period to run from the end date of the current licence by following the normal procedure and paying the appropriate fees (currently €50).
Here is the course description in more detail:
Applications for the course are open till October 26. If you want to apply, please fill in the registration form for “Preparation of Lecturers” (https://cloud.fide.com/s/Ri6X29HeXKXPJxE) and send it to email@example.com & copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your CV & Motivation letter should pay special attention to your relevant experience in “educational chess”, rather than “sport chess”. Please check this explanatory document if you are unsure about the difference between these two concepts: https://edu.fide.com/educational-chess-vs-sport-chess
The course is limited to a maximum of 20 people (first come, first served). Applicants who cannot be given an assured place will be placed on the waiting list for the subsequent course.