These Rules determine the order of participation and rules for using information obtained at the FIDE Chess in Eduation Lecturer Online Course (hereinafter referred to as ”Course”) and apply to any person who has access to video and audio recordings of the Course and/or printed materials. Please read the Rules carefully. If you participate in the Course and / or use audio-visual and other informational materials of the Course, you express your absolute consent to these Rules.
Concepts and terms
A course is an event that is held online in real time or on the record, at a unique web address. The Course is held by providing the User with the appropriate link.
A User is a participant of the Course who submitted the corresponding application and paid for participation including by arrangement with his/her federation to pay. .
The Organizer is FIDE (International Chess Federation) represented by its Chess in Education Commission, possibly together with one or more organizations that have committed themselves to organizing and conducting the event. The Organizer can appoint a Moderator who is responsible for the technical support for the Course.
Lecturers are experts in the subjects related to the Course, and they have been approved and appointed by the Organizer to conduct the Course.
The Examiner is a specialist who checks knowledge and skills after the Course.
Personal link/ Meeting ID — an alphanumeric code that allows the User to access the Internet resource where the Course is held.
- Status of Rules
1.1. The User undertakes to familiarize himself with the Rules and accompanying documents that are sent to the User with the application form. and/or published on the FIDE Chess in Education Commission (EDU) Website
1.2. Organizers have the right to make unilateral changes to the terms of the Rules and related documents at any time without notifying the User. Changes take effect from the moment the new version is published on the EDU Website or sent to the User.
1.3. By participating in the Course after making changes and/or additions to the Rules, the User accepts and agrees to such changes and / or additions.
- Procedure for participation in the Course
2.1 To participate in the Course the User applies to the Organizer and pays for participation in the amount set by the Organizer.
2.2. By signing the application User confirms the User’s consent to processing by the Organizer in accordance with the applicable legislation with and without automation of information and (or) personal data, including collection, recording, systematization, accumulation, storage, clarification (update, change), extraction, use, transfer, delivery, depersonalization, blocking, deletion, destruction of data with the purpose of fulfilling the Organizer of its obligations related to the Course, other obligations stipulated by the relationship of the parties.
The term for using the data provided by the User is unlimited. The User also gives his consent to the processing and use by the Organizer of the information and (or) personal data provided by him for the purpose of carrying out the mailing list (about the Organizer’s services) at the contact phone number and (or) contact email address specified by the User indefinitely until the Organizer receives a written and (or) electronic notification of refusal to receive mailings. The user also consents to the transfer of information and (or) personal data by the Organizer to third parties for the purposes of performing the actions provided for in this paragraph, if there is a properly concluded agreement between the Organizer and such third parties.
2.3. After payment of the Seminar on user-specified contact email address, no later than 1 (one) day before the broadcast of the Course, the User receives notification of the opportunity to participate in the Course, containing a personal link to access the Course.
2.4. The link to the Course is only valid for one User who received it.
2.5. The Organizer has the right to conduct the Course both in a live broadcast and by providing a recording.
Materials and recordings of the Course will be provided during the Course.
If the User is absent for a valid reason, to get access to the recordings and materials of the Course, they need to contact the Organizer who has absolute discretion to allow viewing of the same.
In the case of providing the recording sessions for a User shall be subject to all these Rules without exception.
2.6. Users do not have the right to record video of the Course.
2.7. The recordings and other materials of the Course are the intellectual property of the Organizer.
2.8. Cases of appropriation or illegal use of copyright objects are punished in accordance with the current legislation of the Canton of Vaud Switzerland..
2.9. At the end of the Course examination will be held. Certification of the User is carried out in order to determine whether the level and quality of training of the User meets the requirements for the results of mastering the educational program. After the course completion and successful examination a ‘FIDE certified Chess in Education Lecturer’ (CEL) diploma would be granted subject to payment of the Award fee..
2.10. The general management of certification is carried out by an Examiner, which may also include lecturers of the Course. Certification is conducted in the form of a multi-factor evaluation system and an exam.
2.11. Exams are held in online, written or oral form. To conduct an online exam, the Examiner directs User to the relevant location, for example our Google Forms. To conduct a written exam, the Examiner sends the task and information about the completion time to the User’s specified email address. In the case of an oral exam, the Examiner and the User will be present one-on-one when using video conferencing. The User may not receive any support or advice from third parties.
- The content of the Course
3.1. Any information reproduced by the Organizer/lecturer during the Course is subject to copyright and is protected in accordance with the current legislation of the Canton of Vaud Switzerland., in the field of copyright protection.
3.2. Copying, reproducing, distributing and / or quoting audio-visual information of Courses is allowed only with the written permission of the Organizer, subject to the following conditions:
- the name of the author of the training method must be specified;
- mandatory indication of the trademark of Organizer (FIDE).
3.3. In case of using fragments of Courses that create a negative/incorrect image of the lecturer or expose him in an inappropriate way, the participants of such Courses are liable in accordance with the current legislation of the Canton of Vaud Switzerland.
Any violation of the above requirements will be considered in the framework of civil and criminal law, in accordance with the current legislation of the Canton of Vaud Switzerland.
3.4. If you have any questions about using the authors’ training methods and Course materials, please contact Organizer by e-mail: email@example.com
4 Rights and obligations of the parties
4.1. Organizer has the right to:
- change the Course and/or the lecturer/list of lecturers for the Course without the User’s consent if is justified and does not influence the quality and contents of the Course notably;
- change the terms of participation in the Course without obtaining the User’s consent;
- send a notification to the User about the elimination of the violation in case of receiving information from third parties about the violation of their rights;
- postpone or cancel the Course if justified.
4.2. Organizer is obliged to:
- in due time to inform the User registered for a specific Course about changes in the schedule of the Course and any other changes related to the Course via e-mail.
4.3. The User has the right to:
- send to the Organizer suggestions for improving the organization of the Course;
- request to delete personal data.
4.4. The User is obliged:
- independently provide himself with technical opportunities to participate in the Course, including access to the Internet;
- independently coordinate using of any content with its copyright holders;
- check email for messages and provide feedback on messages that require a response.
4.5. The User is forbidden to:
- provide access to Seminars or any related materials to third parties unless a prior written permission is granted by the Organizer;
- attempt to circumvent the technical restrictions set on the Course Site;
- violate the terms of the Rules.
- Use the description FIDE certified Chess in Education Lecturer or any abbreviation thereof for use on courses other than those to which User is appointed by FIDE.
- Use the description FIDE certified Chess in Education Lecturer or any abbreviation thereof for any purpose whatsoever beyond the three year validity of the diploma.
4.6. The Examiner has the right to:
- conduct an exam in accordance with the terms of the present Rules;
- demand the serviceability of the examination equipment;
- require compliance with the procedure for conducting the exam and cancel results of examinations of candidates who violated the order.
4.7. The Examiner is obliged to:
- acquaint Users with exam rules;
- monitor the discipline and rules during the exam;
- ensure maximum objectivity and reliability of results exam;
- maintain a high professional level.
- Liability and limitation of liability
5.1. Users are responsible for violation of these Rules, provided by the current legislation of the Canton of Vaud Switzerland.
5.2. Should a User fail to comply with restrictions specified in the art. 4.5 of this Agreement, FIDE, on the advice of the FIDE Chess in Education Commission at its own discretion, is entitled to impose sanctions on the User including cancelling diplomas and/or titles.
5.3. The Organizer is not responsible for the inability of the User to participate in the Course, which occurred for reasons beyond the control of the Organizer.
5.4. The Organizer has the right, at its discretion, to determine the time, subject of the Course, duration of the Course, and cancel it by notifying Users to the specified contact email address without explaining the reasons.
5.5. If the Organizer has decided to postpone the Course to a different date and/or time, Users will receive a notification of the new date and / or time and a personal link to participate in the Course.
5.6. The Organizer has the right to prevent Users who violate these Rules from participating in the Course.
5.7. The Organizer is not responsible for non-compliance of the content with the User’s expectations. The content of the Course is a private opinion of the lecturer. However, the Organizer dedicates its utmost proficiency and effort to satisfy the expectations of the Users and comply with high standards of operation.
5.8. The Organizer under no circumstances is responsible for the use of links sent to the User’s contact email address.
- A review of the claims. Refund of funds.
6.1. No refund will be made after the User has received access to participate in the Course/view the video recordings of the Course.
6.2. A refund is made if the User made a prepayment but did not receive a link to participate in the Course or access to view the video of the Course or the Course was canceled.
6.3. All complaints about the quality of the Course (including claims that require a refund) must be sent by the User to the Organizer by sending a written claim to the Organizer’s address.
The claim review period is 10 (ten) calendar days from the date of receipt of the claim by the Organizer.
At the end of the above period the Organizer makes one of the following decisions:
- disagreement with the claim and refusal to satisfy the claims;
- agreement with the claim about satisfaction of the declared requirements. The Organizer notifies the User about the decision by sending a response to the address specified by the User in the claim.
- Final provision
7.1. The rules come into force from the moment of the application and are valid until three years after the end of participation in the Course.
7.2. The rules do not require sealing and/or signing, while maintaining full legal force.
7.3. For all questions related to the Seminar, the User should contact only by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.4. Everything else that is not provided for by the Rules, the Parties are guided by the legislation of the Canton of Vaud Switzerland.
- Governing Law
8.1. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Canton of Vaud Switzerland.